Monday, September 21, 2015

Monday, September 21

Good afternoon!

Today in Algebra, we cleared equations of fractions. We learned how to multiply the common denominator by the whole equation to clear out the fractions. We worked on this on Friday, but officially took notes on it today! We also did some word problems, where the students had to write an equation, and then solve for the missing variable. For homework, they had to finish the word problems. We will be discussing them tomorrow, and doing some more word problems (more challenging ones!) Reminder: quiz corrections for Algebra quiz 1 are due on Friday. I am available today, Monday, and tomorrow, Tuesday, if students would like to stay for help on them. I am also available on Thursday, but only by appointment only, meaning students must approach me and let me know they are staying on Thursday because another day does not work for them.

Today in Pre-Algebra, we continued working on rotations. Students completed a check-in to show me what they know about rotations. We organized our interactive notebook, and started chatting about combining transformations. For homework, students must complete combining transformations worksheet. We will start class off with a discussion about their results on their homework. Reminder, quiz corrections are due on Monday. I am available today, Monday, and tomorrow, Tuesday, if students would like to stay for help. I am also available on Thursday, but by appointment only, meaning students must approach me and let me know they are staying on Thursday because another day does not work for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment